Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthday Blessings



Yesterday I had the blessing of celebrating my birthday at Malibu. If you got a chance to read my Facebook post you would know that a darling little girl made me a special sign that read "it's my birthday, please buy me a latte or ice cream." I was surprised by how many people told me to get a latte and put it on their tab. Or I could have got a Frankenstein (really large ice cream sundae) with all of the cash people gave to me. Wow!! The kitchen cook and intern, Sharon and Stephen, went all out and made me an ice cream cake with oreo crust and fruit topping. It was delicious! I felt blessed.

Matt arranged for our new friend Emily to hang-out and watch movies with Madeline. Another dear friend and Kenmore Air pilot, Karen took Ryder in his first seaplane so that we could go on a date. We went and grabbed coffee at Hamilton's (more coffee!) and sat on the inner dock to unwind. It's hand's down one of my favorite places to be. The water is so still in the inlet. After our downtime we hiked up to Kanata Lodge and played two rounds of chess. With each of us having a win under our belt we rescued our helpers and put the kiddos to bed.

The Princess (Malibu Yacht) has whisked the men's campers away and we have a quiet week ahead of us. Looking forward to planting our hanging tomato plants, herb garden, and raised beds just in time for the summer growing season.

Wishing my sister, Jillian, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Julie

No comments: